ONTAP Recipes: Easily backup Resource Groups using SnapCenter
2017-10-30 02:02 PM
ONTAP Recipes: Did you know you can…?
Easily backup Resource Groups using SnapCenter
If a resource group has a policy attached and a schedule configured, then backups occur automatically according to the schedule.
This recipe highlights the quick steps on how to backup resource groups on demand.
- In the vCenter GUI, click "home" in the toolbar, and then select SnapCenter Plug-in for VMware from the drop-down list.
2. In the left Navigator pane, click Resource Groups.
3. In the Objects tab of the Resource Groups page, select the resource group you want to back up, and then click -> (Run Now , highlighted below) in the toolbar.
4. If the resource group has multiple policies configured, then in the Backup Now dialog box, select from the drop-down list the policy you want to use for this backup operation, and then click Yes.
5. Click OK to start the backup.
For more information, see the ONTAP 9 documentation center