2017-11-09 11:34 AM
ONTAP Recipes: Did you know you can…?
Easily configure KMIP servers for NetApp volume encryption in ONTAP 9.3
In ONTAP 9.3, you can configure KMIP servers for NetApp Volume Encryption.
1. If you are upgrading to ONTAP 9.3 from a previous version, delete any external key management configurations for the cluster:
cluster1::> security key-manager delete-kmip-config
2. Configure key manager connectivity for cluster nodes:
cluster1::> security key-manager setup
3. Enter the appropriate responses in the wizard.
4. Add a KMIP server at the IP address 18.104.22.168:
security key-manager add -address 22.214.171.124
5. Add another KMIP server for redundancy:
security key-manager add -address 126.96.36.199
For more information see the ONTAP 9 doc center