Easily create a Clone from SQL Database using SnapCenter
Login to SnapCenter server and click on the “Resources” tab as shown below, navigate and select Oracle DB to be restored once you are in Resources Tab.
2. After selecting the database, user will be navigated to Database Topology view as shown below, please select a data Backup Name and click on the Clone icon:
3. A clone wizard will be launched, define the SID for the Clone Database and click on next button:
4. In the next screen, select the host where the clone database should be created and optionally customize the mount points for the clone database on the database server as shown below:
5. Optionally define a new password for the clone database
6. Proceed till the summary page with default options and click on the “Finish” button to start Clone from backup, after clicking on the “Finish” button, navigate to “Monitor” tab by clicking on the Monitor link as shown below:
7. After the clone is completed, topology page of the source database will have the clone entry as show below