Easily create a VM/Datastore Resource Group using SnapCenter
Before you begin: You must have at least one backup policy created before you can create a resource group.
1. Log in to VMware vSphere Web Client and click on SnapCenter Plug-in for VMware vSphere on the VMware vSphere Web Client Home screen.
2. Click on Resource Groups from the NetApp section of the navigation pane on the left hand side.
3. Click on the + icon on the resource groups page to create a new resource group.
4. Select the vCenter (in case of linked mode) from the drop down, provide a name, description and email notifications if required.
5. On the Resources page, in the Available Entities list, select the resources you want in the resource group, then click > to move your selections to the Selected Resources list.
Note: Make sure you have added the Storage Systems before you create a resource group and they are running clustered Data ONTAP 8.2.2 or later.
You can also create a resource group with one resource by clicking Home -> VMs and Templates then right-click a VM or datastore, select NetApp SnapCenter from the drop-down list, and then select Create Resource Group from the secondary drop-down list.
6. On the Spanning Diskspage, select an option:
Always exclude all spanning datastores [This is the default for datastores.]
Always include all spanning datastores [This is the default for VMs.]
Manually select the spanning datastores to be included
7. On the Policies page, select one or more policies from the list
8. On the Schedules page, configure the backup schedule for each selected policy.