ONTAP Recipes: Easily create a VSI application on NFS
2017-06-23 09:01 AM
ONTAP Recipes: Did you know you can…?
Easily Create a VSI Application on NFS
To create a VSI application for use over NAS without compromising application or overall system performance, follow these steps in OnCommand System Manager:
- Select the SVM.
- Click the Applications tab in the menu bar.
- Click Add Application.
- In the “Add Virtual Server Datastores” page, specify the following properties of the application:
- The name of the datastore.
- The number of datastores, their storage service levels and sizes.
- The type of the hypervisor that will host the VMs that access the datastores.
- Select NAS as the protocol used to access the application.
- Specify the Hyper-V Service account (for hypervisor=Hyper-V) or the host IP address (hypervisor=VMware or Xen).
5. Use System Manager to view the details of the VSI application.
For more information, please see the ONTAP9 documentation center
1 REPLY 1
Re: ONTAP Recipes: Easily create a VSI application on NFS
2017-06-28 04:21 AM
Thank you very much sharing this information.
If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.