ONTAP Recipes: Easily create a VSI application on SAN
2017-06-23 09:51 AM
ONTAP Recipes: Did you know you can…?
Easily Create a VSI Application on SAN
To create a VSI application for use over SAN without compromising application or overall system performance, follow these steps in OnCommand System Manager:
- Select the SVM.
- Click the Applications tab in the menu bar.
- Click Add Application.
- In the “Add Virtual Server Datastores” page, specify the following properties of the application:
- The name of the datastore.
- The number of datastores, their storage service levels and sizes.
- The type of the hypervisor that will host the VMs that access the datastores.
- Select SAN as the protocol used to access the application.
- Select the host operating system that will access the application.
- Indicate name of the initiator group and initiator ids that will access the application.
5. Use System Manager to view the details of the VSI application.
For more information, please see the ONTAP9 documentation center
1 REPLY 1