ONTAP Recipes: View or modify a MongoDB Ops Manager Snapshot Schedule
2017-08-10 11:42 AM
ONTAP Recipes: Did you know you can…?
View or modify a MongoDB Ops Manager Snapshot Schedule
MongoDB and NetApp have worked together to integrate the MongoDB Ops Manager utility with NetApp’s AltaVault Virtual Appliance (AVA), for MongoDB backups.
This recipe explains how to change the backup frequency and retention policy for Ops Manager through the Ops Manager GUI.
The steps are listed below:
1. Open a browser session and enter the fully qualified URL and port number of the Ops Manager Application.
In the example URL below, “opsmgrhost.netapp.com” is the fully qualified hostname of the Ops Manager host, and “8080” is the Ops Manager port:
An IP address can be used in place of the hostname.
2. Enter the required credentials on the home page.
3. Click the “Admin” link at the top of the screen.
4. Click the “Backup” tab on the left side of the screen and you’ll be directed to the “Backup” screen.
5. Click the “Overview” tab at the top of the screen.
6. Click on the ellipsis icon next to the desired preconfigured backup, and then select “Edit Snapshot Schedule”, as shown in Figures 1 and 2 below:
Figure 1: Navigating to the "Edit Snapshot Schedule" screen
Figure 2: Navigating to the "Edit Snapshot Schedule" screen
7. The current backup policy will be displayed on the right side of the screen, shown below in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Backup Policy screen
Figure 4: Provides a magnified view of the “Edit Snapshot (backup) Schedule”.
8. From the “Edit Snapshot Schedule” screen (Figure 4), backup frequency and retention schedules can be set or changed.
In this example:
- Ops Manager backups will be created every 6 hours.
- The hourly backups will be retained for 5 days.
- Daily snapshots will be retained for 7 days.
- The retention period for weekly and monthly backups can be configured.
- The “Allow point-in-time restores going back to” setting determines the number of days that Ops Manager retains oplogs alongside snapshots. (Op logs are required for point-in-time recovery.)
9. Click the green “Submit” button shown in Figure 3 to activate the new settings
For more information, see the ONTAP 9 documentation center
For more information on how to manage Ops Manager backup policies, refer to the following document:
1 REPLY 1