ONTAP recipes: Easily create storage pools
2017-07-07 05:35 PM
Did you know you can...?
Easily create a storage pool
Use System Manager to combine SSDs to create a storage pool, or collection of SSDs (cache disks), which enables you to share the SSDs and SSD spares between an HA pair for allocation to two or more Flash Pool aggregates at the same time.
- Both nodes of the HA pair must be up and running in order to allocate SSDs and SSD spares through a storage pool.
- Storage pools must have a minimum of 3 SSDs.
- All SSDs in a storage pool must be owned by the same HA pair.
- You cannot use partitioned SSDs when creating a storage pool by using System Manager.
- Click Storage > Aggregates & Disks > Storage Pools.
- In the Storage Pools window, click Create.
- In the Create Storage Pool dialog box, specify the name for the storage pool, disk size, and the number of disks.
- Click Create.
For more information, see the ONTAP9 documentation center.