ONTAP Rest API Discussions

AIQ API - platformType String

JPick

I am trying to collect some data from the "/v1/health-check/recommended_software/firmware_details" API in Active IQ, and the documentation mentions that a parameter named "platformType" is required in the GET request, but I cannot find any supporting documentation that explains what the available values are for that parameter.  I tried random strings like: “ontap”, “ONTAP”, “fas”, “aff” and they always yield an HTTP 400 response with something like " { "message": "ontap is not an acceptable value for platform_type" }" or  “Endpoint doesn’t have any systems of the select platform”. 

Any idea what string is needed for platformType?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RossC

Hi @JPick 

In a different section on the API documentation it mentions the possible options for the platformType,

platformType: Identifies the platform type . Valid values are AltaVault, ONTAP, Cloud Volumes ONTAP, E-Series, HCI, ONTAP Select, SolidFire, StorageGRID

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RossC

Hi @JPick 

In a different section on the API documentation it mentions the possible options for the platformType,

platformType: Identifies the platform type . Valid values are AltaVault, ONTAP, Cloud Volumes ONTAP, E-Series, HCI, ONTAP Select, SolidFire, StorageGRID

Hope this helps.

Mohanraj1

Hello Rossc

It doesn't work any other suggestions, Thanks!

Public