Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

4.1.1 Upgrade causing unknown error collecting from OnTap 8.2

mgoddard

Hi All,

After upgrading Balance to 4.1.1-BETA 34 from 4.1.0.2 to gain support for OnTap 8.2 I've started seeing Unknown collection errors, and cannot get a successful collection.

After getting the log files out via FTP I noticed an "ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException" for each storage array collection.

Does anyone have any idea's on resolving this? Is it best to re-deploy the appliance? I would prefer not to loose history if I can when I replicate this upgrade in our production environment.

Below is the stack trace in question.

Thanks,

Michael.

2013-07-03 00:01:01,624 ERROR local-statistics-collector-4 [com.akorri.bp.collectionserver.collector.Collector] Error in Collection - OTHER: 4 - for id 582,743 type STATISTICS element NETAPP:emdccn0002c01.customer-domain:443 Handle Name: emdccn0002c01.customer-domain

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 4

at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.dgmimpl.arrays.ObjectArrayGetAtMetaMethod$MyPojoMetaMethodSite.call(ObjectArrayGetAtMetaMethod.java:57)

at com.akorri.bp.collectionserver.communication.NetAppComm$_retrieveIpAddresses_closure3.doCall(NetAppComm.groovy:970)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor990.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:90)

at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:233)

at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.ClosureMetaClass.invokeMethod(ClosureMetaClass.java:272)

at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:877)

at groovy.lang.Closure.call(Closure.java:412)

at groovy.lang.Closure.call(Closure.java:425)

at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.DefaultGroovyMethods.each(DefaultGroovyMethods.java:1376)

at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.DefaultGroovyMethods.each(DefaultGroovyMethods.java:1348)

at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.dgm$162.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PojoMetaMethodSite$PojoMetaMethodSiteNoUnwrapNoCoerce.invoke(PojoMetaMethodSite.java:271)

at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PojoMetaMethodSite.call(PojoMetaMethodSite.java:53)

at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:116)

at com.akorri.bp.collectionserver.communication.NetAppComm.retrieveIpAddresses(NetAppComm.groovy:928)

at com.akorri.bp.collectionserver.communication.NetAppComm.runCommand(NetAppComm.groovy:432)

at com.akorri.bp.collectionserver.communication.NetAppComm$runCommand.callCurrent(Unknown Source)

at com.akorri.bp.collectionserver.communication.NetAppComm.runCommands(NetAppComm.groovy:360)

at com.akorri.bp.collectionserver.communication.NetAppComm$runCommands.call(Unknown Source)

at com.akorri.bp.collectionserver.collectors.NetApp7ModeStatisticsCollector.collect(NetApp7ModeStatisticsCollector.groovy:201)

at com.akorri.bp.collectionserver.collectors.NetApp7ModeStatisticsCollector$collect.call(Unknown Source)

at com.akorri.bp.collectionserver.collectors.NetAppStatisticsCollector.collect(NetAppStatisticsCollector.groovy:124)

at com.akorri.bp.collectionserver.collector.Collector.run(Collector.java:744)

at com.akorri.bp.collectionserver.collector.DcssService.collectNow(DcssService.java:456)

at com.akorri.bp.collectionserver.schedule.DataCollectionJob.execute(DataCollectionJob.java:107)

at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

3 REPLIES 3

plauterb

This should be a supported configuration, does a reboot of the VA help?

If not, beta is supported by Engineering. Not sure if there is any Eng people on call this week due to shutdown. Customer support should be able to connect you to Eng.

mgoddard

Have tried rebooting, I've also deployed a whole new Balance appliance and its still showing the same issue, with the same array index out of bounds of 4. So looks like it is not to do with the upgrade.

plauterb

Contacting you offline, need to have Eng look at it.

Public