Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Add DFM Dialog BOx does not appear

gerdhecken

Hello,

I´ved installed the OCR 1.2 on the same Server as the DFM is running.

I´ved create a DFM DB User and add the OCR License. All OK.

Now I open the OCR admin console and try to add the DFM Server over the path   "Configure/DataFabric Manager Server".

The Dialog Box doesn´t open ??!!

Have anyone seen this issue and can help me?

Regards

Gerd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gerdhecken

Hello John,

I´ved found the issue. It is the Version of the Internet Explorer. As the Admin Guide IE 8.0 is as a requirement.

You can change this by pressing the F12 Button. In the following Developer Window you can select IE8 as Browser Version.

After I do this, all finctions all OK.

It´s the same with the Communitie. All functions here are available after you select IE9 for your Browser.

Regards

Gerd

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

kryan

Hi Gerd,

Neither UM or OCR is designed or tested to run on a system with other applications.  The OCR IAG specifically states not to install it on a UM server.

UM 5.2 ISG:

Page 36

https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMP1222478

For optimal performance, the only other application that must be installed on the system running

Core Package software is OnCommand Unified Manager Host Package

OCR 1.2 IAG:

Page 11

https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMP1201945

You must not install OnCommand Report on a host that runs any of the following:

• OnCommand Unified Manager server

• OnCommand Insight (previously known as SANscreen)

Kevin

john_meyer

I have the same problem with Configure DFM server dialog not appearing but mine is not on the same server as the DFM.  I installed a new server just for OCR.  Every other dialog works - Users, License, AutoSupport etc

gerdhecken

Hello John,

I´ved found the issue. It is the Version of the Internet Explorer. As the Admin Guide IE 8.0 is as a requirement.

You can change this by pressing the F12 Button. In the following Developer Window you can select IE8 as Browser Version.

After I do this, all finctions all OK.

It´s the same with the Communitie. All functions here are available after you select IE9 for your Browser.

Regards

Gerd

john_meyer

Gred,

Thank you for the tip but it still isn't working for me.  At least now I can assume it is the browser, 

Thanks,

John

john_meyer

Installed Firefox and that works...

Public