Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

All powershell workflows fail - Cannot run program "powershell" (in directory "D:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\jboss\standalone\tmp\wfa"):

JGPSHNTAP

Ok, so this goes back to my original thread with snapcreator, but it seems that we have broken some other working work flows

Cannot run program "powershell" (in directory "D:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\jboss\standalone\tmp\wfa"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

Any idea what this is caused by?

3 REPLIES 3

sinhaa

Error: "Cannot run program "powershell" (in directory "D:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\jboss\standalone\tmp\wfa"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified"

indicates that you don't have powershell.exe in you system PATH variable. You can verify it by opening a command prompt and type powershell. You get an error like "'powershell' is not recognized as an internal or external command,". Perhaps you have modified the path system variable or removed powershell all together ( i hope not ).

How to fix it?

Easy.

1. Append the following to your system variable path:

%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;

If you don't know how modify path variable, see here: http://geekswithblogs.net/renso/archive/2009/10/21/how-to-set-the-windows-path-in-windows-7.aspx

2. Restart the NetApp WFA Server service.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

abhit

Hi Sinhaa:

Will it be better to take backup, uninstall WFA, install WFA, restore the backup.

Somethings have been modified knowingly or unknowingly and we don't know what all have been modified.

Regards

Abhi

JGPSHNTAP

thanks.. a reboot fixed this and i confirmed a path is there ..

This all happened since i tried to install snapcreator for wfa.  I'm failing miserably.  I have another thread on that.. I will try to update that...

Public