Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Application configuration file corrupted?

CAPOSTOLOF

Not sure if anyone has a fix for this, but this is a VM on ESX, not a Fusion VM.

Getting the dreaded "Application configuration file corrupted" error, and I'm stuck.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

amritad

Hi,

So On a laptop you don't see this problem. It's only on a VM?

Regards

Amrita

CAPOSTOLOF

Amrita, that's correct, even the Mac version runs great... lol , just not on my VDI desktop, and it used to run fine, however after some Java updates, it's done for.  The issue is, no matter how many times I uninstall Java or re-install, I get the same thing.

karthikv

Are you using Java 6 or Java 7?

Java 7 is currently not supported on System Manager and we have issues launching and operating if Java 7 is installed.

There is a workaround if you are using Java 7 - Re: NetApp OnCommand System Manager 2.0 doesn't work on Windows 2008 R2 Standard 64bit

Let us know if you are still seeing the problem with Java 6 or with the workaround.

Regards,

Karthik

apostolof

Getting back to this a bit late, but I'm using Java 6 after rebuilding my Windows box due to being totally unable to remove 7.

apostolof

Just as an FYI, I also tried the steps outlined in the post you linked. None of them worked.  I tried running the shortcut as administrator, and that errored out.

Then I tried running a command prompt as Administrator, and just running the .exe from that cmd window, and it works perfectly.

There is just no sensible answer as to why it's working, but it's working great.

Public