Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

BMC problem connecting to FilerView / System Manager

transferex

Hi,

I have a problem, I recently downloaded the software OnCommand System Manager, but do not get it to work, not really get it to work the BMC connection via HTTP or SNMP in any way. I rebooted the BMC console dede I checked its configuration, HTTP mode ison, the ip responds to ping, (SSH is off) I connected directly to the FAS2020 by ethernetto rule out problems with the switch but either.

You do not say this is the first time I try to connect via http to the cabin to manage,

Thanks,

Regards

20 REPLIES 20

transferex

The system is FAS2020 ONTAP 7.3.2

karthikv

Is HTTPS enabled on the controller? options httpd.admin.ssl.enable and secureadmin to setup it (if not already done).

transferex

HTTPS is the same as httpd.admin.ssl.enable? if so is not enabled, SSL v1 and v2either, you have to do with SecureAdmin? how to configure this?

Thanks

Regards,

karthikv

secureadmin is the command to setup ssl

karthikv-DOT7m-v1> secureadmin

Usage:

secureadmin setup [-f] [-q] ssh

secureadmin setup [-f] [-q] ssl

secureadmin addcert ssl [<path to CA signed cert>]

secureadmin enable  all|ssh|ssh1|ssh2|ssl

secureadmin disable all|ssh|ssh1|ssh2|ssl

secureadmin status

man secureadmin should give you more details on the command, how to set it up and what various options mean.

Regards,

Karthik

transferex

Other question: Maybe change the network configuration of the BMC to avoid problems with firewalls and switches, the idea is to change it to 192.168.9.X192.168.0.X network if they performed this hurts something NFS performance the cab or the BMC is completely independent and the changes it does not affect the rest of the car running? I understand that is independent but would like confirmation

thanks

regards,

David

transferex

httpd.admin.ssl.enable set on just after you setup with ssl SecureAdmin and as usual not connecting.

thanks

regards,

aborzenkov

If you mean baseboard management controller on FAS2020, the only protocol it supports is SSH.

transferex

I refer to the BMC that is second from the left which is next to which is connected with serial cable that has the symbols IOIO, below is a drawing of a wrench.

You can only SSH? I thought that also HTTP, in fact I think we have licensed.

aborzenkov

BMC is independent piece of hardware and is unrelated to Data ONTAP; it runs besides and in parallel to it.

Once more - the only network protocol that is supported by BMC is SSH.

transferex

OK I understand. Then I said the connection of the FAS2020 (second from left) is a BMC connection? BMC understand it if I can change the configuration without any problems.

As you configure the SSH? I have seen is with SecureAdmin but keep in mindsomething special? I've seen that says to create a file with a key, and not whether it will be necessary to access that file or something timely and necessary?

If only supports SSH can be used only FilerView or System Manager? or both?

aborzenkov

BMC network configuration is done using “bmc” command from running Data ONTAP (normally done as part of initial setup). Did you read System Administration Guide?

transferex

Do not read the guide, you can send one link With This guide please?

I have seen that there is to configure the BMC BMC setup command from here you can change all network settings.

You know because you can not connect via HTTPS by BMC? is a failure? in licenses is HTTPS and the provider tells me that the car was ready.

Thanks,

Regards

aborzenkov

All documentation is available on http://support.netapp.com/

transferex

Thanks I'm reading. There is a question in the SSH setup section, says: the SSH setup process involves creating host and server key, that a key could eventually impact the storage system performance. When configuring SSH v1and v2 to access System Manager varies by configuration NFS is currently online?can go wrong? have worse performance?

I did not clarify whether the term refers only to the BMC or the entire cabin.

Thanks

regards

aborzenkov

No SSH configuration for BMC is needed or possible.

transferex

That you do? I do not understand what you mean? but as I enable SSH configuration required? if not possible through HTTP by BMC, as I establish the connection withFilerView or SystemManager?

transferex

this is the connection to which I refer, is the connection you say BMC can only work bySSH?

Thanks

Regards,

aborzenkov

yes.

transferex

Hello,

long time no posting here, I still have the same problem, but now not more steps to take. Finally, the Support Netapp FAS2020 I confirm that does not support HTTP connections by BMC, which can only be by SSH.

Anyway, I finally enabled SSH and telnet, but System Manager 2.01 not connected with the discovery can not find the IP address of the BMC or with SNMP v1 and v2 (public by default, do not know if this has to be replaced), the case is that the by putty SSH works as seamlessly connects to the BMC through the port 22 from the ip address of the BMC.

I looked at the settings as the manual and I think that is correct, the snmp enabled, I turned and tried ssh1 and ssh2 with the two, with a single, etc ... and nothing.

To say that too and installed the Netapp plugin for vCenter and vSphere there is no way ..

That is what may be happening? most no longer do to control this cabin.

Thanks

Regards.

pburcin

The BMC cannot be used for managing the controller via any management software like DFM or System Manager.  You must use one of your other network ports for management purposes and for autosupport emails.

Public