Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Best way to prevent No results were found error in workflow

francoisbnc

In a workflow with command remove volume, what is the best way to prevent the message below.

"Workflow aborted.

No results were found. The following filters have returned empty results:"

I tried to play with advanced tab "execute this command  is following expression is TRUE"

without success.

Help appreciated

François

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mgoddard

Hi François,

There are a couple ways of doing it.

The easiest, If you define a search for the Volume in the volume delete command first, you can choose "Disable this command" for the Delete Volume command if the Volume is not found. (it must be before the clone).

Another way if  this method isn't working; You can use the <object_name>._found variable to optionally switch on or off a command based on if the object was found (in the same or other command).

You may need to use a No-Op command before hand to search for the volume separately.

Kind Regards,

Michael.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ag
NetApp

Hi,

Can you provide the following data&colon;

What is your workflow doing?

What is the WFA version you are using?

Can you attach the workflow in your response?

Must be a very simple mistake in the way you have provided inputs to the filter.

-Anil

francoisbnc

Hello Anil,

A simple test workflow with certified commands --> volume remove and volume clone.

WFA 2.2

Yes I do, but the idea is simple, delete a cloned volume before cloned it again on the last snapshot.

I'm looking for a way to jump without error the first command, in my case volume delete, if volume doesn't exist.

Actually if volume is not present, workflow failed.

Regards,

François

mgoddard

Hi François,

There are a couple ways of doing it.

The easiest, If you define a search for the Volume in the volume delete command first, you can choose "Disable this command" for the Delete Volume command if the Volume is not found. (it must be before the clone).

Another way if  this method isn't working; You can use the <object_name>._found variable to optionally switch on or off a command based on if the object was found (in the same or other command).

You may need to use a No-Op command before hand to search for the volume separately.

Kind Regards,

Michael.

francoisbnc

Hello Michael,

I understood now, I didn't know "Disable this command" switch, so it's fixed for volume thx.

An other thing, if I want delete a snapshot and I'm not sure it exists. The "Remove Snapshot" command will fail if snapshot doesn't.

No-Op command will not help in this case.

Have I to create my own "Remove snapshot command" that not throw on error?

Thank for your help

ag
NetApp

Hi Francois,

You can clone the existing certified command and make the changes you want so that it does not throw and error.

-Anil

Public