Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

CONFUSED WITH DFM, ONCOMMAND MANAGER, OPERATIONS MANAGER

NAYABRASOOL

Hi Experts,

Its bit confusing for me to understand the difference between Data Fabric Manager, Operations manager , On Command System Manager. Can anybody explain me in detail about these and also advise which will be better to have it in my environment i already have DFM which is 3.1 Version  and please suggest how to upgrade this to the latest version as well.

Hope Operations Manager was a part of DFM then why both have different Consoles??? Please help me out to understand this.

Thanks

Nayab

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

txskibum2000

DFM is for reporting and alerting. Operation Manager (and Provisioning and Protection Manager) is another name and modules for DFM. System Manager is GUI for Managing (creating/deleting) Aggregates and Volumes, etc. One other piece of the puzzle is Management Console...performance views/charts of your storage system. If you are running version 3.0.1, it may be time to upgrade! The latest version of DFM is (renamed again) OnCommand Unified Manager Core 5.1. -check the Release notes, System requirements, and Matrix, to see if it fits with your environment.  This will be a major upgrade for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NAYABRASOOL

Oops My DFM version is 3.0.1

txskibum2000

DFM is for reporting and alerting. Operation Manager (and Provisioning and Protection Manager) is another name and modules for DFM. System Manager is GUI for Managing (creating/deleting) Aggregates and Volumes, etc. One other piece of the puzzle is Management Console...performance views/charts of your storage system. If you are running version 3.0.1, it may be time to upgrade! The latest version of DFM is (renamed again) OnCommand Unified Manager Core 5.1. -check the Release notes, System requirements, and Matrix, to see if it fits with your environment.  This will be a major upgrade for you.

Public