Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Can You Mass-Update Volume Full Thresholds in 7-Mode Operations Manager

TMADOCTHOMAS

In Operations Manager,  if you click Member Details/File Systems to get a list of volumes, you can click a volume, click Edit Quota Settings, and change the volume full threshold for a volume.  Is there a way to do that for lots of volumes at one time?  I need to make the same update on about 100 volumes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AdaikkappanArumugam

Hi,

There a couple of ways of doing it. If you can put all those 100 volumes in a group, then you can use the method that you mentioned below. At the bottom right corner of the page on the left hand side of the update button you would find "Apply settings to " by default it would show this volume.

If the volume is part of a group you can find a drop down that says this group, by which you can do it at one shot for all the 100 + volumes.

The other way is to use the dfm cli and script it using perl or batch or powershell which ever you are comfortable with.

Regards

Adai

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AdaikkappanArumugam

Hi,

There a couple of ways of doing it. If you can put all those 100 volumes in a group, then you can use the method that you mentioned below. At the bottom right corner of the page on the left hand side of the update button you would find "Apply settings to " by default it would show this volume.

If the volume is part of a group you can find a drop down that says this group, by which you can do it at one shot for all the 100 + volumes.

The other way is to use the dfm cli and script it using perl or batch or powershell which ever you are comfortable with.

Regards

Adai

TMADOCTHOMAS

Thank you very much!  The tip for having something else show up in "Apply Settings To" was what I needed!  I've always wondered why no other options ever appeared there.  Thank you!  I will group the volumes and try that.

mikesicarup

I'm using OCUM 6.4 for CDOT, and I have over 500+ volumes.  I finally figured out that many of the volume threshold setpoints are per volume, so I need to restore all of them to defaults in order to get my alerting fixed.  Unfortunately, there is no way to multi-select and reset the thresholds to default (the button gets grayed out).

Anyone with a command line to fix this?

TMADOCTHOMAS

Mike,

It's a year later and i'm in the same boat - now I too need to mass-select hundreds of volumes and click "Set to Default" - but you can't do that :\. Wish there was a way.

Public