Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Change license type to Controller based?

DAVE_WITHERS

We just finished a POC of balance, with a temporary license based on capacity.  Our licenses we purchased are per Controller and I have applied them to each controller.  Balance isnt automagically picking up the new license, and under Admin->License I see no option to change license type, only to apply a new capacity license.  Anyone know if this is going to require a redeploy of the OVA? Or if i can change this within the Appliance somehow?  I really do not want to reconfigure everything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dmilliro

Hi Dave,

Yes.  You should be good to go because it detected the license on the controller.  When the POC capacity license expires it won't interfere with your collections.  I'm not sure there is a way in the product today to remove the capacity license but it was being discussed so let me see where that stands.

Thanks, Daniel

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

dmilliro

Hi Dave,

Here is what I see for options under the license page.  What does yours look like?  I know there were some problems in the past with expired capacity licenses not changing so I'm wondering if that is what you are running into?

DAVE_WITHERS

Looks like it picked up, but still shows the cap license as well. I’m

assuming once that runs out hopefully it will keep on trucking.

Dave Withers

Systems Administrator

<file:///C:\Users\dwithers\Downloads\email_sig_logo.jpg>

Franklin American Mortgage Company

501 Corporate Centre Dr.

Suite 400

Franklin, TN 37067

Toll Free: <callto:800.295.1020> 800.295.1020

Direct: <callto:615.468.2968> 615.468.2968

Email: <mailto:dwithers@franklinamerican.com> dwithers@franklinamerican.com

Web: www.franklinamerican.com

dmilliro

Hi Dave,

Yes.  You should be good to go because it detected the license on the controller.  When the POC capacity license expires it won't interfere with your collections.  I'm not sure there is a way in the product today to remove the capacity license but it was being discussed so let me see where that stands.

Thanks, Daniel

DAVE_WITHERS

Nevermind, just took a while to pick up the storage controllers license!  Looks good now.  Thank Daniel you have been a big help.

dmilliro

Great!  Glad everything is working as expected!

Have a good day!

Dan

Public