Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Custom reports using ops mgr?

GAUDEY002

Hello Everyone,

I want to pull few reports from Ops mgr

1. Number of disks failed over the x months.

2. Number of disks added to the filer over the past x months.

3.Number of volumes created over the past x months

4.Aggregae utilization in terms of  percentage since x months

5.Number of snapvault lags for more than 50 hours since x months.

Can I pull these custom reports from ops manager. If yes, is there any good kb or whilepaper available to do this?

Will appreciate any suggestion.

Regards,

Dey

4 REPLIES 4

adaikkap

Hi Dey,

Firstly I would like to understand why you need this and what are you trying to solove ? Is this for charge back ? Is it for compliance ? or Auditing ?

Here are my response on how some of these can be achieved.

1. Number of disks failed over the x months.

An event is generated when ever disk fails, so filtering the events report for given period based on the event type( in our case disk.failed) and

Triggered time the month we are looking for.

2. Number of disks added to the filer over the past x months.

OnCommand/DFM does not generate an event when a new disk is discovered. So this report may be tricky.

3.Number of volumes created over the past x months

As soon as a volume is discovered in OnCommand/DFM by the periodic monitor, fsmon which runs once every 15mintues by default an event is generated called (volume-online). So like the first requirement, we can again use the event history report and filter for the eventype and Triggered time the month we are looking for.But if the volume has gone offline in-between we may see one more online event for a volume.

Another reliable way is to use the objcreated timestamp from dfm detail.

[root@10 ~]# dfm detail 539487 | grep -i objCreationTimestamp

objCreationTimestamp               2011-08-30 15:22:03.000000

[root@10 ~]#

But this also has a margin of 15mins error, as we the monitor run once every 15mins.

4.Aggregate utilization in terms of  percentage since x months

I think this is already available in form of graphs

5.Number of snapvault lags for more than 50 hours since x months.

Below is the custom report that i created. It cant filter for 50 hours, but after exporting this report to xl or something you can do it easily.

dfm report create field=PrimaryDirectory.primarysystem,PrimaryDirectory.name,PrimaryDirectory.secondaryqtree,PrimaryDirectory.secondaryvolume,PrimaryDirectory.state,PrimaryDirectory.status,PrimaryDirectory.lag report-id= report-name=Lag_SnapVault long-name=  description=  catalog=PrimaryDirectory display-tab=Quotas user-field-name=:Report Lag_SnapVault created.

[root@10 log]# dfm report Lag_SnapVault help

Warning: Use of this command for listing and viewing reports has been

deprecated by 'dfm report list' and 'dfm report view' commands respectively.

Lag_SnapVault Report (Lag_SnapVault)

Catalog Name: PrimaryDirectory

Display Tab: FileSRM

Catalog Field                                 Field Name                                    Format

--------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------- ---------

PrimaryDirectory.PrimarySystem                Primary System

PrimaryDirectory.Name                         Primary Directory

PrimaryDirectory.SecondaryQtree               Secondary Qtree

PrimaryDirectory.SecondaryVolume              Secondary Volume

PrimaryDirectory.State                        State

PrimaryDirectory.Status                       Status

PrimaryDirectory.Lag                          Lag

Default sort order is PrimaryDirectory.PrimarySystem.

[root@10 log]#

Regards

adai

GAUDEY002

Hi Adai ,

Many thanks for the respone. I have to create a yearly report using the details mentioned. Regarding the dfm report create command, is there any report inbuilt in DFM named "Lag_snapvault" or do I have to run the command you mentioned.

Can I create the snapvault report from the GUI (reports->custom) and get a similar report of all snapvault lags?

Regards,

Dey

adaikkap

There is no built in report, either you can run the command I sent you or create a custom report as you mentioned using the GUI with PrimaryDirectory as the based catalog.

Regards

adai

GAUDEY002

Thanks Adai,

In case I am pulling the report from the CLI, what should be the "PrimaryDirectory" as mentioned in your syntax?

Thanks for helping.

Regards

Dey

Public