Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

DFM Host Services: add filer to vCenter

RENAUD_TOUILLET

Hello Guys,

On a production environment I have mounted 2 FAS virtual box to test some features. I have added my two VA on Operation Manager and all information are OK. I was able to create Datasets on the Management Console.

But now I want to create VMware Datasets on OnCommand Console. On Host Services I have my vCenter with my productions FAS listed under Storage Systems. But when I edit my vCenter, and add my two virtual FAS on Storage Systems (they are listed correctly) and validate, they never appears on Storage Systems tab. When I look on jobs, discovery jobs are Succeeded. I retried by editing login credentials but it's the same behavior.

Any idea of what could be missing to successfully add my VA under my Host Services to create VMware Datasets?

Many thanks.

Renaud

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cpuchalski

We found this entry in the /opt/NTAPdfm/log/dfmmonitor.log of our OnCommand server:

filer1.corp.com (130): ipspace-list-info failed: Api ipspace-list-info either requires license for multistore or requires the option licensed_feature.multistore.enable to be turned on.

After setting the  licensed_feature.multistore.enable option on both filers we were able to associate them in OnCommand Host Services - not clear as to why this resolved the problem for us.

I noted Francois' reply below wrt Host package 1.2 and may install it after looking at the release notes.

Regards

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

arunchak

HI,

On edit page of Host Service,

1. did you associate the storage systems to the host service?

2. Are your storage system credentials set?

-Arun

cpuchalski

I'm having this same issue with DFM 5.1 and OnCommand Host Service VMWare Plugin 1.1.

I am able to associate 2 of my filers but when I try to add two others, they appear in the Host Services momentarily with NDMP and login credentials status of "good".  As soon as I refresh the screen, the two new filers disappear.  The job status for setting the credentials and the discovery process for virtual objects and relationship mapping seem to complete normally.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this from the DFM console?

Thanks and regards,

Corey

Message was edited by: Corey Puchalski I just noticed this entry in my event log for the filer was trying to associate: Virtual Object 172.xx.xx.xx (968) of type Storage.ONTAP.StorageSystem deleted.

juavalga

I have the same problem that cpuchalski. Do you have the solution?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

cpuchalski

We found this entry in the /opt/NTAPdfm/log/dfmmonitor.log of our OnCommand server:

filer1.corp.com (130): ipspace-list-info failed: Api ipspace-list-info either requires license for multistore or requires the option licensed_feature.multistore.enable to be turned on.

After setting the  licensed_feature.multistore.enable option on both filers we were able to associate them in OnCommand Host Services - not clear as to why this resolved the problem for us.

I noted Francois' reply below wrt Host package 1.2 and may install it after looking at the release notes.

Regards

juavalga

Enable the options licensed_feature.multistore.enable solve my problem also!!

Thanks cpuchalski!!!!!!!!

jcbettinelli

Hello,

I had the same issue and it is solved now. Thanks cpuchalski !!!!!!!!

francoisbnc

Do you already test the OC Host communication itself with

dfm hs diag

By the way OnCommand Unified Manager Host Package 1.2 is out, I suggest you install it

francois

jcbettinelli

Funny, I just noticed Renaud and François were part of the thread.

RENAUD_TOUILLET

Hi,

I also confirm that installing the lic solved the issue for me.

Renaud

Public