Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

DFM Sybase ASA service not starting

TIMOTHYBOSEMAN

Big newbie here!  DFM Sybase ASA service stopped and will not start.  No changes to system.  When attempting to start it's returning prompt "The DFM Sybase ASA service on Local Computer started and then stopped.  Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."  DFM Server, Scheduler, Monitor and Event are running.

Thanks,

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TIMOTHYBOSEMAN

Sure;

WIn 2008 R2 Enterprise 6.1.7600 x64, I'm not sure on the version of DFM.  I do see the following from the Application log:

The description for Event ID 1 from source SQLANY 10.0 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

DFMSybase

Fatal error:  disk full when writing to "P:\data\monitordb.log"

See the following from the Sybase log:

Cannot access "P:\data\monitordb.db": file does not exist

I. 06/27 09:32:08. Database server shutdown due to startup error

I. 06/27 09:32:08. Database server stopped at Wed Jun 27 2012 09:32

I'm trying to see what this P: is.  I don't see a P: on the OS or from SnapDrive

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

adaikkap

Hi Tim.

Can you give us some more info like what is the version of DFM that you are running ? What is the platform OS version and flavor.

Can you also check your sybase.log and see if there are any errors under your <install dir>/NetApp/DFM/Log/ ?

Regards

adai

TIMOTHYBOSEMAN

Sure;

WIn 2008 R2 Enterprise 6.1.7600 x64, I'm not sure on the version of DFM.  I do see the following from the Application log:

The description for Event ID 1 from source SQLANY 10.0 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

DFMSybase

Fatal error:  disk full when writing to "P:\data\monitordb.log"

See the following from the Sybase log:

Cannot access "P:\data\monitordb.db": file does not exist

I. 06/27 09:32:08. Database server shutdown due to startup error

I. 06/27 09:32:08. Database server stopped at Wed Jun 27 2012 09:32

I'm trying to see what this P: is.  I don't see a P: on the OS or from SnapDrive

TIMOTHYBOSEMAN

Figured it out.  Thanks for your help.

thollingworth

What was the fix???

-Tim-

thollingworth

"Figured it out" isn't a fix.

If anyone cares, I set up a Windows task which triggered when it saw the event log entry for the stopped service. We have had no gaps in the data since.

I realize that it isn't the most elegant solution but its slightly better than "Figured it out, thanks."

-Tim-

GAUTHAM_RAM

Could you let me know what was the fix?

We are facing same kind of issue in our infrastructure. Your input will be much appreciated

-Ram

Public