Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

DFM graphs or reports on deleted objects

rmharwood

Anyone know a way to generate graphs or reports on deleted dfm objects? I deleted (and rebuilt) an aggregate over the weekend. I can find the deleted object in dfm (via GUI and CLI) and I can actually list out the latest statistics on all aggregates using "dfm report view -H aggregates-capacity" but there doesn't seem to be a way to pull pack any further info on a deleted object. I'm guessing that the stats are still in the database.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Richard

7 REPLIES 7

adaikkap

Did you try using the deleted fields in the custom reports ? Like the ones below.

[root@lnx ~]# dfm report catalog list -R aggregate | grep -i delete
DeletedWhen                         Aggregate Deleted When                        DD MMM 24H
DeletedBy                           Aggregate Deleted By
SnapshotAutoDelete                  Aggregate Snapshot Autodelete
[root@lnx1 ~]# dfm report catalog list -R volume | grep -i delete
DeletedWhen                         Volume Time of Deletion                       DD MMM 24H
DeletedBy                           Volume Deleted By

[root@lnx ~]# dfm report catalog list -R volume | grep -i delete
DeletedWhen                         Volume Time of Deletion                       DD MMM 24H
DeletedBy                           Volume Deleted By
[root@lnx ~]#

Or when you schedule a report you can include the filed called show deleted objects.

Attached is the screenshot on the same.

Regards

adai

rmharwood

I tried this and although deleted objects are listed in the reports, dfm does not generate any historical graphs for them. It's like either the data has been purged from the database or the functionality is not there to do this.

Thanks,

Richard

adaikkap

Did you try the db views ?

Data is not purged for deleted objects.

Regards

adai

rmharwood

I'm not sure what you mean by this, could you please elaborate?

Richard

adaikkap

BTW is there a reason in looking for deleted aggr capacity ?

I created an Aggr report with the below fields and I see the capacity of the deleted objects.

[root@lnx ~]# dfm report 41 help
Warning: Use of this command for listing and viewing reports has been
deprecated by 'dfm report list' and 'dfm report view' commands respectively.

Deleted Aggr Report (Deleted Aggr)
Catalog Name: Aggregate

Display Tab: Aggregates

Catalog Field                                 Field Name                                    Format
--------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------- ---------
Aggregate.DeletedWhen                         Deleted Date                                  DD/MM/YY 24H
Aggregate.Name                                AggrName
Aggregate.SpaceAvailable                      AggreAvail                                    Auto-Scaled
Aggregate.TotalSpace                          AggrTotal                                     Auto-Scaled
Aggregate.Used                                AggrUsed                                      Auto-Scaled

Default sort order is Aggregate.DeletedWhen.
[root@lnx ~]#

Deleted Date (DD/MM/YY 24H) AggrName                                     AggreAvail  AggrTotal   AggrUsed
--------------------------- -------------------------------------------- ----------- ----------- -----------

29/03/11 16:20:58           aggr0-2011-03-29 16:20:58.000-1                  41.8 GB      114 GB     71.7 GB
29/03/11 17:28:32           aggr1                                            99.3 GB      114 GB     14.2 GB
05/04/11 08:36:20           AAutoSM_aggr0_edit-2011-04-05 14:54:23.000-1     0 bytes     0 bytes     0 bytes
05/04/11 16:28:50           AAutoSM_aggr0_edit                               0 bytes     0 bytes     0 bytes

Regards

adai

hiyer

This report does not include the history data. AFAIK it's not possible to extract the history data since the views exclude deleted objects.

adaikkap

Thanks hari, for confirming on the views part I tried, but it returned no data.

But where as the reports that I pasted do have the data for the deleted ones.

Regards

adai

Public