Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

DWH report for compression

matthias_beck

Hello,

we are using the DWH to create a monthly report to the management with different capacity information. Currently we have only the deduplication information in our report and wanted to add the compression data.

As I can see, currently the compression information only is collected for cDOT systems. Is there plan to also collect the data for the 7Mode systems?

Regs

Matthias

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ostiguy

Hey all,

We triaged this with Matthias' help, and we tackled this as a minor enhancement with our monthly "shift" engineers working on support issues. We have a test patch available for OCI 7.2.x.

Ping me if this is of interested to you.

Edit - too late in a long week. This patch is NOT for 7.1.x, as OCI 7.1.x doesn't have the compression attributes we are populating, and as such, this enhancement cannot be backported. Time for the weekend.

Thanks

Matt

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ostiguy

Interesting, I wasn't sure if people were actually using compression in the field on 7 mode.

I am not seeing recent OCI ASUP from you, so I don't have the raw data handy.

If you could, create a data source error report in the webui for a 7 mode system where you are using compression - I am curious to see if we are collecting this data, and not reporting it, or if we are not collecting it.

If you could send me the error report at ostiguy at netapp dot com , I will take a look

Thanks

Matt

matthias_beck

Hello Matt,

Yes, we are using this feature on all our 7Mode systems where we are hosting file service data. I've sent you the link to the support collection.

With the ASUP I have to take a look. If I change it to HTTPS, it works some time, and than it will stop working. II changed it back to HTTP, so you should get the ASUPs again.

Regs

Matthias

ostiguy

Hey all,

We triaged this with Matthias' help, and we tackled this as a minor enhancement with our monthly "shift" engineers working on support issues. We have a test patch available for OCI 7.2.x.

Ping me if this is of interested to you.

Edit - too late in a long week. This patch is NOT for 7.1.x, as OCI 7.1.x doesn't have the compression attributes we are populating, and as such, this enhancement cannot be backported. Time for the weekend.

Thanks

Matt

matthias_beck
Hello Matt, As I wrote in the email before. The patch works very good and collect the compression information. Thank you for your very fast support. Regs Matthias

ostiguy

Thanks for the followup

FYI - this fix IS part of last weeks "Data Source Service Pack 3" for OCI 7.2.x, so everyone can consume this enhancement by installing SP3

Public