2012-01-27 09:59 AM
We're having some questions with moving legacy SMVI 2 jobs to Oncommand 5.0/HP 1.1
Our config is simple: a FAS2040 holds some LUN/VMFS each on different qtree/volume and a 3210 is our snapvault destination
This issue is the following:
- we suspend legacy job in SMVI 2
- from the web admin, we create a new dataset for vmware object. Policy is "backup" style
- we add a VMFS datastore (we call it datastore1) to the policy and conformance starts the provisioning of a new volume on backup node, then starts the snapvault relationship
first issue is here: PM created two relationships with datastore1 and datastore2.... hu? why did it start a relationship with for non select object.
then from here i did this:
- I relinquish the "extra" relationship, thinking to myself "i'll import it to another dataset later"
- relinquish went fine but suprise! There's no way to import this external relationship into another Vmware dataset. Command line gives similar error saying it's not compatible.
Now I have my snapvault relationship for datastore2 as external and I don't really want to rebaseline...... how could i fix this and import it into a new vmware dataset??
I'm calling out for some help here, thx in advance!
Solved! See The Solution
2012-01-28 04:50 AM
ok I found on my own.
A VM had 2 disks, a disk on datastore1 and the other one on datastore2. So PM behaved accordingly and started protection on both datastores although i didn't select both of them
Hope this helps others one day...