Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Dataset provisioning after adding the volume to a vFiler

storagedp

Hello,

I created a volume through Provisioning Manager (OnCommand 5) and was able to provision a new qtree inside this volume without any problem.

After that, I added this volume to a vFiler through System Manager. After a while, Provisioning manager automatically updated itself to reflect the physical ressource on the dataset : "<vfiler>:/volume" instead of "<filer>:/volume".

The problem is that now, when I try to provision a new qtree, it will create a new volume "volume_1" for it. Like if the volume wasn't created through provisioning manager or isn't conformant, but it is ! (no specific message returned by "dfpm dataset conform -D")

Error message in conformance.log after adding the volume to the vFiler : [dfmserver:ERROR]: [1804:0x1eac]: Failed to select volume during provisioning

If I remove the volume from the vFiler, I can provision a new qtree again, without any problem

I have about 70 volumes impacted by this problem

Best Regards,

2 REPLIES 2

crocker

is this something your team handles or should this be asked in the NetApp Support Community?

Mike

storagedp

Hello,

I found the solution => I attached the vFiler to the Dataset and it provision the new qtree without creating a new volume

Best Regards,

Public