Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Dedupe reports in Operations Manager

markham

Does Operations Manager have any reports in it regarding deduplication results on volumes?   My customer is requesting these reports and I have heard that there may be something added in OM 3.8.  Are there way to get dedupe reports prior to OM 3.8.   Unfortunately they cannot upgrade to 3.8 at this point until they can upgrade their Ontap to 7.3.2.    This is due to bug 354933.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tanmoy

Yes Dedupe reports are available in Operations Manager from 3.8 onwards only. Does the customer want to use Dedupe reports for secondary volumes or primary volumes or both?

/Tanmoy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

tanmoy

Yes Dedupe reports are available in Operations Manager from 3.8 onwards only. Does the customer want to use Dedupe reports for secondary volumes or primary volumes or both?

/Tanmoy

markham

Probably both.  They have some volumes on an R200 which are backup destinations for database and Snapvault based backups which they are deduping.   They also have some primary volumes on a 3170 which are being used for VMWare and VDI which they are deduping.

adaikkap

Does Operations Manager have any reports in it regarding deduplication results on volumes?

Yes.

My customer is requesting these reports and I have heard that there may be something added in OM 3.8.

Following are the reports and there names.

aggregates-dedupe-and-lun-file-clones-space-savings            deduplication and LUN/File clone space savings report for all aggregates
  volumes-dedupe-and-lun-file-clones-space-savings                deduplication and LUN/File clone space savings report for all volumes
  groups-dedupe-and-lun-file-clones-space-savings                deduplication and LUN/File clone space savings report for all volumes in a group

Are there way to get dedupe reports prior to OM 3.8.

No.

Regards

adai

RichardSopp

Can anyone confirm whether the behavior of Protection Manager has been changed in the forthcoming 3.8.1 release so it does not use the NDMP interfaces described in bug 354933 or can the fix only be achieved to a change in ONTAP? I would hate to have to entertain another round of ONTAP upgrades when it's so much easier just to upgrade DFM.

adaikkap

No.We don't change behaviors/ features in .1 releases.

This specific issue is a ONTAP bug and the only fix for this is from ontap.

This  bug will be posted in the warning page of 3.8.1 download also.

Regards

adai

Public