Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Default or group permissions for SDW using storacl?

aborzenkov

As far as I can tell, as soon as AccessControl.xml has been created, all users must be entered there to be able to use SDW to access storage  system. At least in my testing as soon as I added one user, even domain  administrator completely lost any access via SDW.

1. is it possible to add windows groups instead of individual users  (like SOME_DOMAIN\Domain Admins)?
  2. is it possible to set default permissions for users not explicitly  entered in AccessControl.xml?

Compare with SDU where I can be permissive and allow full access if  nothing is explicitly configured.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

watan

For group permissions you would need to use Operations Manager RBAC functionality.   There is also no "default" grant/decline setting available for the storacl tool.  You would need to set individual user access with the xml file and assign the appropriate roles.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

watan

For group permissions you would need to use Operations Manager RBAC functionality.   There is also no "default" grant/decline setting available for the storacl tool.  You would need to set individual user access with the xml file and assign the appropriate roles.

aborzenkov

OK, thanks.

Public