Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Diasable DFM Alerts for SnapManager/SDW cloned LUN´s and vclones

christianmaier

Hello @all,

can i diasble DFM Alerts for luns and volumes that was createt from SnapManagerSQL/SnapDrive for  SQL Database verification when they are going offline and destroyed after the verification prozess from snapmanager/snapdrive ?? we have a lot off false positive messages every day, it would be great when i can disable these alerts.

I am happy for every feedback...

Best Regards

Chris

12 REPLIES 12

arjunan

the alerts for the luns ann clones specific to SMSQL\SD cannot be disabled as there is no specification for those SnapDrive created LUNS and volumes.

thanks, Prabu

adaikkap

Hi Chris,

You are basically hitting the know issue. Check the Bugs online http://support.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=300668

All I can suggest is, configure your events at group level instead of Global group. And exclude the group with just the SnapManager Volumes.

Regards

adai

christianmaier

Hello @all,

thanks for your Feddback, i will check the workaround descripe in the bugs details.

Regards

Chris

txskibum2000

I would hope there would be a solution to adjust the LUN monitoring interval to exceed the verification run time for the SnapManager Volumes Only, not the entire Global Group.  Or have DFM be smart enough to recognize *sdw_cl* clones and exclude from alerts!!

adaikkap

I suggest you add your case to the bug that I mentioned so we can get some priority on the same.

Regards

adai

WillFulmer

Agreed here.

Would prefer a way for DFM/OnCommand Core to ignore anything with an *sdw_cl*

adaikkap

Hi Will,

This issue is currently being addressed, and will be available in a subsequent release.

Also the point to note here is, its not just sdw_cl but also sdu, snapcreator etc for both lun and volume clones.

Regards

adai

WillFulmer

Any update on which subsequent release where this is fixed?

MANEPALLI

Please let us know if you have information on the update release.

kryan

The fix for Bug 300668 is planned for an OnCommand Unified Manager 5.x release this summer.

Thanks,

Kevin

KALIYATHEERTHAN

Is there any temporary fix for this alert till the updated oncommand unified manager release.

kryan

The only workaround is provided in the bug details, however I have not heard any reports of anyone using it

http://support.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=300668

Adjust the LUN monitoring interval to exceed the verification run time,  this can be accessed through the following menus

Setup menu > Options > Edit Options: Monitoring > LUN monitoring interval, Fiber Channel monitoring interval, and SAN Host monitoring interval

http://now.netapp.com/NOW/knowledge/docs/DFM_win/rel371/html/software/opsmgr/luns10.htm

The release containing the fix is due out in the next few months.

Thanks,

Kevin

Public