Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Discover Parameter fails for ALL commands

MatthewN

Hello all,

I may have broken my WFA 3.1 install. I was working on a command block and when I attempted to discover parameters I got an error. I decided to check and this now happens with every code block, the ones I have created and the certified ones.

If I select designer --> commands --> Modify Volume --> edit --> discover parameters I get the error seen below

If you cant see the image it says "Parameter Type 'ActionPreference' is not supported.

Command Fail.PNG

Thanks,

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sinhaa

@MatthewN

What is the Windows Powershell version? You can see it by opening a Powershell ISE console and 

PS H:\> $Host.Version

Major Minor Build Revision
----- ----- ----- --------

PS H:\>

WFA as of now has been verified for Powershell version 3.0 which comes by default with Windows 2012 R2. For higher versions, discover parameters can thrown some error.

1. You'll have an unwanted 'Pipeline Variable' coming up on Powershell version 4.0 which is a known issue.

I haven't tried with Posh v5.0

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sinhaa

@MatthewN

What is the Windows Powershell version? You can see it by opening a Powershell ISE console and 

PS H:\> $Host.Version

Major Minor Build Revision
----- ----- ----- --------

PS H:\>

WFA as of now has been verified for Powershell version 3.0 which comes by default with Windows 2012 R2. For higher versions, discover parameters can thrown some error.

1. You'll have an unwanted 'Pipeline Variable' coming up on Powershell version 4.0 which is a known issue.

I haven't tried with Posh v5.0

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

MatthewN

@sinhaa

You are correct, I am currently using PS 5 and I even updated the version of PS in the WFA installation folder. 

Thank you for your helpful and prompt reply.

Thanks,

Matt

sinhaa

@MatthewN

I suggest you raise a bug with WFA. WFA will need to support the latest version of Powershell.

sinhaa

paragp

This is being fixed in WFA 4.1.  If you want discover parameters to work with PowerShell 5.0 in your version of WFA you will have to make a small change on WFA server.

1. Open File <WFA_INSTALL_DIR>\PoSH\Modules\WFAWrapper\WFAWrapper.psm1    ( <WFA_INSTALL_DIR> by default is C:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA )
  2. Search for line    if ($param.aliases -match "vb|db|ea|wa|ev|wv|ov|ob|wi|cf") { continue }
  3. Change the above line to if ($param.aliases -match "vb|db|ea|wa|ev|wv|ov|ob|wi|cf|infa|iv|pv") { continue }

Parag

Public