Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Disk scrub status reporting

guenterw

One of my customers is looking for detailed information on the disk scrub status as far as displaying how long the scrub has been running and completion information based on aggregates.  He's wanting to know if this can be accomplished via DFM.  For example, for ongoing scrubs is there a way to determine how long they have been running and the current completion percentage?

"I checked in the dfm reporting and didn’t find a raid complete query, but think it would be nice to have.

Right now from the dfm I’ll run global queries to find snapshot counts and snapshot age to identify potential issues.

Being able to find global scrub aging data would allow me to easily spot raid groups that haven’t recently had a scrub complete."

I’ve also searched my logs to find prior complete messages to estimate how long the last full took to run.

1 REPLY 1

adaikkap

Hi Guenter,

You are right, as of today yes DFM/OnCommand does not monitor or report on disk scrubbing. This will definitely be a welcome addition to the monitoring and discovery capability of NetApp Storage Controllers in our Monitoring Tools.

Regards

adai

Public