Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Do you know if and where I can indicate where to store the DFM reports ?

JeanFrancois_Marie

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adaikkap

Hi richard,

2.The report archive is now on an external system, the report results files are no longer included in the OM database backup

This is not valid, as even if it is a part of the local system dfm backup never included the report archive dir as part of the backup.

Regards

adai

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RichardSopp

You can define this from the CLI with 'dfm option set reportsArchiveDir=<path>'

By default this is %installdir\reports%.

I run DFM on Windows so the rest of this post will be somewhat Windows specific.

This reportsArchiveDir setting can support either the path to a local drive or the UNC share path to a CIFS network share.

From experience I don't personally recommend the UNC path approach for the following reasons:

1. Requires the dfm server and dfm scheduler services to run under a domain based User ID that has read / write access to the UNC share path (server service access it required to retrieve the report, scheduler service access is required to write the report)
  2. The report archive is now on an external system, the report results files are no longer included in the OM database backup

What is your goal in changing where to store DFM reports?

adaikkap

Hi richard,

2.The report archive is now on an external system, the report results files are no longer included in the OM database backup

This is not valid, as even if it is a part of the local system dfm backup never included the report archive dir as part of the backup.

Regards

adai

Public