Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Does any version support DFM 5.2 as a data source?

TIMHOIBERG

Hi,

We're currently looking to upgrade our DFM boxes to 5.2, but I wanted to know if any version of WFA supports it as a data source? We're currently running 2.0 but can upgrade as needed.

Regards,

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mgoddard

Hi Tim,

Yep, as David mentions WFA 2.0.1 should work fine, the major change comes with OCUM 6.0 which requires WFA 2.1. (Entire new layout for cDOT)

It's good practice to re-run the WFA OnCommand initialization exe on the upgraded OCUM server, as it will grant access to any new tables which may exist in newer versions. This avoids missing items in WFA's cache database if there is a new table to gather from, and I believe the 2.0 to 2.0.1 upgrade may include access to more tables for OCUM 5.2 (It was either 1.1 to 2.0 or 2.0 to 2.0.1 which caught me)

Kind Regards,

Michael.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

dblackwe

I have used OCUM 5.2 successfully with 2.0.1 and 2.1.

David Blackwell, NCDA (7-mode and C-DoT)

NetApp Professional Services

David.Blackwell@netapp.com<mailto:David.Blackwell@netapp.com>

(571) 358-5522

mgoddard

Hi Tim,

Yep, as David mentions WFA 2.0.1 should work fine, the major change comes with OCUM 6.0 which requires WFA 2.1. (Entire new layout for cDOT)

It's good practice to re-run the WFA OnCommand initialization exe on the upgraded OCUM server, as it will grant access to any new tables which may exist in newer versions. This avoids missing items in WFA's cache database if there is a new table to gather from, and I believe the 2.0 to 2.0.1 upgrade may include access to more tables for OCUM 5.2 (It was either 1.1 to 2.0 or 2.0 to 2.0.1 which caught me)

Kind Regards,

Michael.

sundarea

Hi,

Even i used OC 5.2 with WFA 2.0 and 2.1 (in Both C-mode & 7-Mode)

Regards,

Sundar

Public