Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

ESX Host Agent Datafabric Manager

dirkslechten

Hello,

I have installed an ESX host agent and added this host to the Datafabric manager.

I have also installed the following license  DataFabric Manager Storage Resource Management Option.

but it doesn't show me the performance of the host, neither ports or what so ever.

Any idea what i'm doing wrong?

Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pradeepl

Hi,

They are the guest Operating Systems running on the ESX server.

Regards

Pradeep L

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

prasads

Hi

I understand that you have installed the NetApp Host Agent software on virtual machine in the ESX server. Right?

The Host Agent reports only the HBA port stats.

It also can do file walk on a particular directory & report about the files, like largest, smallest etc.

Please refer to this link for more details on NetApp Host Agent software.

http://now.netapp.com/NOW/knowledge/docs/nha/rel27/pdfs/install.pdf

Regards,

Prasad

dirkslechten

Hello,

No I have installed this on the ESX itself. I don"t see the point of installing this on a VM since the vm doesn't connect to the SAN....

I thought It could resolve performance stats on the LUN's connected to the ESX Servers?

Thank you

prasads

Hi,

Thanks I got it now.

But installing NetApp Host Agent on a ESX server is not supported.

If you are looking for perf stat of LUN, Performance Advisor in DataFabric Manager shows detailed graphical representation of it.

Performance Advisor collects stat directly from the Storage System, store them in the DataFabric Manager server & displays it.

You should install the NetApp Management Console & connect to the DataFabric Manager server.

It is available from Operations Manager web UI, under Setup(menu) -> Download Management Console.

Regards,

Prasad

dirkslechten

Hello,

Got a bit confused on the manual, it states on page 27...

Operating systems that support NetApp Host Agent

You can install NetApp Host Agent on several different versions of Windows, Solaris, and Linux, as

well as on VMware ESX server.

I remark something on the performance stats between Vsphere and the Operations manager.

I have in a cluster 1 ESX host with 1 VM registred to it. So I assume that the LUN stats on Vcenter and the LUN stats on read - write ops should be the same on both sides.

This is not the case.

pradeepl

Hi,

They are the guest Operating Systems running on the ESX server.

Regards

Pradeep L

Public