Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Effeceiency Dashboard >> This job did not generate any output.

sswain123

Hey Guys,

Just noticed that over the last while my omeff script has been running with errors. I took a look at the status output and I'm getting 'This job did not generate any output.'  I'm running OC5.0.1 on rhel 5.6 with omeff_1.3 (Linux 64bit).

has anyone run into this in the past?  i would greatly appreciate any feedback.

thanks,

Scott

8 REPLIES 8

pmalar

Hi Scott,

Please run the following commands in your Linux server and let us know the output.

------------

lnx142-x6:/opt/NTAPdfm # source /opt/NTAPdfm/bin/vars.sh

lnx142-x6:/opt/NTAPdfm # /opt/NTAPdfm/script-plugins/dfmeff/dfmeff

-----------

Regards,

Malar.

sswain123

Hi Malar,

just ran the cmd's from above...

[dfm_server]# source /opt/NTAPdfm/bin/vars.sh

[dfm_server]# ./dfmeff

./dfmeff: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

i then ran

[dfm_server]#'yum install openssl'

- it installed openssl.i686 0:0.9.8e-22.el5_8.4 / openssl.x86_64 0:0.9.8e-22.el5_8.4

so, i then ran

[dfm_server]#'strace ./dfmeff'

- there was a pile of output but, it was all similar: "open("/opt/NTAPdfm/lib/tls/x86_64/libssl.so.0.9.8", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)":.... 

as for the question below... i did run 'dfm datastore setup'....

[dfm_server]# dfm backup diag

Sybase Data Directory:      /mnt/dfm31_db/data/

Sybase Log Directory :      /mnt/dfm31_db/data/

Performance Data Directory: /mnt/dfm31_db/perfdata

Script-plugins Directory:   /mnt/dfm31_db/script-plugins

Reports Archive Directory:  /mnt/dfm31_db/reports/

Plugins Directory:          /mnt/dfm31_db/plugins

Database Hosting System:    <vfiler>

Database Location:          /vol/fs3_66/dfm31

SnapDrive Installed:        Yes

SnapDrive Version:          4.2

SnapDrive Status:           Passed

Volume Snapshot Status:     Disabled

Backup Retention Count:     48

Allowed Backup Types:       Snapshot (sndb), Archive (ndb)

any thoughts?

thanks,
Scott

pukale

operations Manager Efficiency Dashboard not work other than default DFM install path.please change to default path using "dfm datastore setup"

pmalar

Hi Scott,

Thanks for providing the requested details.

Please check the Storage Efficiency Dashboard plugin version using the following command.

cmd> dfm scripts list

Also please check if you have the file "libssl.so.1.0.0" in /opt/NTAPdfm/lib folder.

If you have "libssl.so.1.0.0" and plugin version is 1.2 , then runnning following command may work as we have included new libraries to support SSL version 1.0.0e on OC 5.0.1.

/opt/NTAPdfm/lib> ln libssl.so.1.0.0 libssl.so.0.9.8

After adding the above link, please rerun "./dfmeff" command and let us know the output

Please let me know if there is any change in your configuration other than what is mentioned above.

Thanks,

Malar.

sswain123

Hi Malar,

I'm running OC5.0.1 and omeff 1.3.  I ran '/opt/NTAPdfm/lib> ln libssl.so.1.0.0 libssl.so.0.9.8' then re-ran ./dfmeff...  here is what i get now:

./dfmeff: error while loading shared libraries: libproduct.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

thanks,
Scott

pmalar

Hi Scott,

Please run "source <installdirectory>/bin/vars.sh" before running the ./dfmeff script.

Also run the command "ldd dfmeff" to check if you have got all the dependant libraries.

Regards,

Malar.

pukale

have you moved "DataFabric Manager server data to different location"(using dfm datastore setup)? Also, please paste the o/p of  "dfm backup diag".

hawkstar1

I am having the same problem as I installed DFM on a MS cluster so the output directories are on one drive and the bin files are on another drive.  I run the datastor command and get the following;

F:\>dfm datastore setup -s d:/Program Files/NetApp/DataFabric Manager/DFM/script-plugins

The setup command takes either no arguments or one argument; you gave two.

Use "dfm help" for usage information.

Installation Directory           d:/Program Files/NetApp/DataFabric Manager/DFM     48.7 GB free (91.4%)

pluginsDir               e:\DFM\plugins

scriptDir                e:\DFM\script-plugins

databaseBackupDir        e:\DFM\data

Not sure where to go from here.

Public