Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Failed to evaluate resource selector. Illegal expression: resizeVolume.size_mb + 100

AdaikkappanArumugam

I have a simple workflow that does calculation to determine the increment size of the volume to be resized.

I get the following error when every I have a expression of reference except for a numeric value. Any ideas on what I am missing ?

This is a custom filter at cm_volume dictionary level.

This is for cDOT/cMODE

Failed to evaluate resource selector. Illegal expression: resizeVolume.size_mb + 100
At command 'Resize volume', tab 'Volume', variable 'resizeVolume', property 'vserver'

Failed to evaluate resource selector. Illegal expression: resizeVolume.used_size_mb/TargetVolumeUsed - resizeVolume.size_mb
At command 'Resize volume', tab 'Volume', variable 'resizeVolume', property 'vserver'

The attached dar is from WFA 2.2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shailaja

Yes, it is not possible to refer to the attributes of a variable (object) in the filter parameters/resource_selector that is tryign to load the variable/object itself.

You would need to modify the logic of the filter query so that the data you needed is obtained from the volume table directly in the filter

Thanks,

Shailaja

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AdaikkappanArumugam

Is it becasue I reference the variable resizeVolume in the same command where the variable is being instanciated ? 

Some times it works and some times it doesnt ? 

For example when I have this expression  "resizeVolume.size_mb + 100" in the resource selection filter it doesnt work, where as the same in the other parameters tab of the command works.

Here is the screen shot of the same.

ResourceSelection.jpg

OtherParameters.jpg

Regards

Adai

shailaja

Yes, it is not possible to refer to the attributes of a variable (object) in the filter parameters/resource_selector that is tryign to load the variable/object itself.

You would need to modify the logic of the filter query so that the data you needed is obtained from the volume table directly in the filter

Thanks,

Shailaja

AdaikkappanArumugam

Thanks Shailaja, I baked the MVEL expression equivalent  into the filter itself by getting it from the Volume table in the WFA cache db and it works like a charm.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards

Adai

Public