Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Failed to run query 'SELECT wfa_finders.... while executing a flow

solal

Hi guys.

I have a flow that I adapted from 7m to cm commands.

Since I did that, including re-writing filters to cdot, whenever I run a preview or execute, my flows fails with that:

Failed to run query 'SELECT wfa_finders.Filter_aggregates_in_farm_cDOT_177.`name` AS `name`,wfa_finders.Filter_aggregates_in_farm_cDOT_177.`node.cluster.primary_address` AS `node.cluster.primary_address`,wfa_finders.Filter_aggregates_in_farm_cDOT_177.`node.name` AS `node.name`,wfa_finders.Filter_aggregates_in_farm_cDOT_177.`FarmName` AS `FarmName`,wfa_finders.Filter_aggregates_in_farm_cDOT_177.`SVM_name` AS `SVM_name`,wfa_finders.Filter_aggregates_in_farm_cDOT_177.`available_size_mb` AS `available_size_mb`,wfa_finders.Filter_aggregates_in_farm_cDOT_177.`vserver.name` AS `vserver.name` FROM wfa_finders.Filter_aggregates_in_farm_cDOT_177 ORDER BY `name` ASC,`node.cluster.primary_address` ASC,`node.name` ASC,`FarmName` DESC,`SVM_name` ASC,`available_size_mb` DESC,`vserver.name` DESC LIMIT 1'
At command 'cDOT Find Farm Target Aggr', tab 'Aggregate', variable 'Target_aggr', property 'name'

when running the filter on it's own, it runs fine and return a line.

filter's query looks like that:

'SELECT aggr.name,
aggr.available_size_mb,
cluster.name AS 'cluster.name',
vserver.name AS 'vserver.name',
farm.IgroupStdLun AS 'igroup_name',
farm.FarmName,
farm.VMFarmName,
farm.DiskType,
node.name AS 'node.name',
cluster.primary_address AS 'node.cluster.primary_address'
FROM
cm_storage.aggregate AS aggr,
cm_storage.cluster AS cluster,
cm_storage.vserver AS vserver,
playground.cdot_farm_mapping AS farm,
cm_storage.node AS node
WHERE
aggr.name = farm.AggrName
AND aggr.node_id = node.id
AND cluster.name = farm.ClusterName
AND vserver.name LIKE farm.SVMname
AND farm.VMFarmName = 'Austin-Farm02'
AND farm.SVMname LIKE '%'
AND farm.AggrName LIKE '%'

the error messages from the wfa log for executing the flow are:

2014-12-02 10:03:02,432 INFO [com.netapp.wfa.engine.exec.TabularWorkflowExecutionPlannerImpl] (http-executor-threads - 34) Building execution plan for workflow cDOT - Create standard LUN for a VMware Datastore
2014-12-02 10:03:02,525 DEBUG [com.netapp.wfa.finders.execution.impl.FindersExecutorImpl] (http-executor-threads - 34) ========================================================================================
2014-12-02 10:03:02,528 DEBUG [com.netapp.wfa.finders.execution.impl.FindersExecutorImpl] (http-executor-threads - 34) Executing finder 'Finder{id=474, name='5d5c96f9-b42a-4f58-997f-55f3330b1f1c', dictionaryEntry=Aggregate}', parameters '{SVMname=vs_vmware, AggrName=node02_aggr_1T_0, Farm_Name=Austin-Farm02}'
2014-12-02 10:03:02,533 DEBUG [com.netapp.wfa.finders.execution.impl.FindersExecutorImpl] (http-executor-threads - 34) Executing local filter 'Filter aggregates in farm-cDOT', parameters '{SVMname=vs_vmware, AggrName=node02_aggr_1T_0, Farm_Name=Austin-Farm02}', query 'SELECT
aggr.name,
aggr.available_size_mb,
cluster.name AS 'cluster.name',
vserver.name AS 'vserver.name',
farm.IgroupStdLun AS 'igroup_name',
farm.FarmName,
farm.VMFarmName,
farm.DiskType,
node.name AS 'node.name',
cluster.primary_address AS 'node.cluster.primary_address'
FROM
cm_storage.aggregate AS aggr,
cm_storage.cluster AS cluster,
cm_storage.vserver AS vserver,
playground.cdot_farm_mapping AS farm,
cm_storage.node AS node
WHERE
aggr.name = farm.AggrName
AND aggr.node_id = node.id
AND cluster.name = farm.ClusterName
AND vserver.name LIKE farm.SVMname
AND farm.VMFarmName = 'Austin-Farm02'
AND farm.SVMname LIKE '%vs_vmware'
AND farm.AggrName LIKE '%node02_aggr_1T_0''
2014-12-02 10:03:02,552 DEBUG [com.netapp.wfa.finders.execution.impl.FindersExecutorImpl] (http-executor-threads - 34) Local filter 'Filter aggregates in farm-cDOT' successfully executed, rows affected '1'
2014-12-02 10:03:02,555 DEBUG [com.netapp.wfa.common.stats.MethodInvocationStatsInterceptor] (http-executor-threads - 34) COMPLETED milliseconds=21 depth=3 class=FindersExecutorImpl method=executeFinderImpl parameters=[Filter{id=177, name='Filter aggregates in farm-cDOT', dictionaryEntry=Aggregate},{SVMname=vs_vmware, AggrName=node02_aggr_1T_0, Farm_Name=Austin-Farm02},com.netapp.wfa.util.SqlShell@a4c852c,[node.name, name, node.cluster.primary_address]]
2014-12-02 10:03:02,560 DEBUG [com.netapp.wfa.common.stats.MethodInvocationStatsInterceptor] (http-executor-threads - 34) FAILED milliseconds=35 depth=2 class=FindersExecutorImpl method=executeFinder parameters=[Finder{id=474, name='5d5c96f9-b42a-4f58-997f-55f3330b1f1c', dictionaryEntry=Aggregate},{SVMname=vs_vmware, AggrName=node02_aggr_1T_0, Farm_Name=Austin-Farm02}]
2014-12-02 10:03:13,506 ERROR [com.netapp.wfa.engine.exec.TabularWorkflowExecutionPlannerImpl] (http-executor-threads - 34) Failed to build execution plan for workflow 'cDOT - Create standard LUN for a VMware Datastore'
2014-12-02 10:03:13,535 DEBUG [com.netapp.wfa.common.stats.MethodInvocationStatsInterceptor] (http-executor-threads - 34) COMPLETED milliseconds=11339 depth=1 class=TabularWorkflowExecutionPlannerImpl method=buildExecutionPlan parameters=[TabularWorkflow{id=108, name='cDOT - Create standard LUN for a VMware Datastore', readyForProduction=false},{$IsStandard=true, $IsManualAggr=true, $ManualAggrName=node02_aggr_1T_0, ... (8)},true]

thanks in advance!!

Soli.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shailaja

Hi Solal,

Thanks for the details. I was able to sort of replicate the scenario. It would be better if you can confirm the steps as I have done some guessing here:

- A filter was created with the query you provided, but there was also an additional SELECT clause originally in it
farm.SVMname AS SVM_name

- A workflow was created choosing this filter in the resource selector for choosing an aggregate

- When configuring the resource selection, you also went to Advanced tab, Sorting pane, and choose almost all of the attributes there and provided the "ASCENDING", "DESCENDING" value
This included SVM_name

- Now, in the filter, the select clause to select the alias SVM_name was removed. i.e the return attributes of the filter do not include "farm.SVMname as SVM_name" anymore.

- Now, when you preview/execute the workflow, this "Failed to run query" error is coming.

Assuming the above are the steps, you could try one of the following:
- Modify the filter to include the "farm.SVMname as SVM_name"
- Provide the resource selection criteria in the workflow again and ensure the Advanced -> Sorting tab does not have SVM_name

Based on your response, I will file appropriate bug in WFA.

Thanks,
Shailaja

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shailaja

Can you specify the version of WFA you are using ?

Thanks,

Shailaja

solal
Yep.
10x

shailaja

Hi Solal,

Thanks for the details. I was able to sort of replicate the scenario. It would be better if you can confirm the steps as I have done some guessing here:

- A filter was created with the query you provided, but there was also an additional SELECT clause originally in it
farm.SVMname AS SVM_name

- A workflow was created choosing this filter in the resource selector for choosing an aggregate

- When configuring the resource selection, you also went to Advanced tab, Sorting pane, and choose almost all of the attributes there and provided the "ASCENDING", "DESCENDING" value
This included SVM_name

- Now, in the filter, the select clause to select the alias SVM_name was removed. i.e the return attributes of the filter do not include "farm.SVMname as SVM_name" anymore.

- Now, when you preview/execute the workflow, this "Failed to run query" error is coming.

Assuming the above are the steps, you could try one of the following:
- Modify the filter to include the "farm.SVMname as SVM_name"
- Provide the resource selection criteria in the workflow again and ensure the Advanced -> Sorting tab does not have SVM_name

Based on your response, I will file appropriate bug in WFA.

Thanks,
Shailaja

solal
Hi Shailaja
I did check that and is seems that somewhere along the way I changed vserver.name to SVM_name. That happened after the filter was already being used in the no-op command inside the workflow.
I needed to remove the use of that filter from the workforce, save and re-add it. Then it was solved.
Regarding the mass of sorting with ASC and DESC, I'm doing that because I need a reference to those output parameters and when they're not sorted and returned as NONE then the next command that uses them doesn't recognize them.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Solal.

shailaja

Thanks for confirming Solal.

An issue #872027 has been filed to automatically take care of this issue. If you are opening a support case, please refer to this bug number.

>>Regarding the mass of sorting with ASC and DESC, I'm doing that because I need a reference to those output parameters and when they're not sorted and returned as NONE then the next command that uses them doesn't recognize them.

Thats right. If attributes other than ones in the dictionary entry have to be available in subsequent part of the workflow, then you need to add them to sorting list.

Thanks,

Shailaja

Public