Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Failure in data acquisition for a custom data source type (csv)

RoiBeci

Hi All,

I was following the How-To Video for creating a custom data source type using csv file, and it was working fine, until I've deleted manually al data from the table, and now i'm getting the following error:

Incorrect Integer Value:'??' for column 'id' at row 1

The csv file is delimited with TABs and starting with "/N" just like the example file in the video.

Any ideas please?

2015-01-05_173851.png

Thanks

Roi Becidan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sinhaa

Roi,

I was able to use data contents you provided and acquistion worked for me. So nothing wrong with the data in the csv file. You said you manually deleted/edited the CSV files, right? What was the editor you used? What is the Encoding setting for it? I think that is what has caused this. Looks like your editor uses Encoding : UCS-2 Big Endian or Little Endian or something else. 

The error like: Incorrect Integer Value:'??' for column 'id' at row 1 or Incorrect integer value: 'N' for column 'id' at row 1 etc. indicate that the CSV file has incorrect Encoding. The correct encoding required is : UTF-8 without BOM ( Byte Order Mark ) or ANSI.

Now to fix it, You can use a text editor like Notepad++ open this CSV file and From Tab button Encoding-> Convert to UTF-8 without BOM. Save the file and acquire again. I think this will work. You can use other editors too, but you need to do the same thing i.e. change the Encoding type. Or send me the file by email and I'll return u with the fix.

Roi_error.png

warm regards,

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Public