Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Fields in Userinputs of Workflow References

kiessl

I am just starting to create my first workflows.

And I wonder if there is more documentation available (besides online help) about

- what variables show up in the table in the userinputs tab of the workflow references dialog

- how data flow through this userinput fields (e. g. can I use a userinput variable in queries to other userinput variables? Where must this userinput variables be placed?)

- how to get rid of entries in this table (I think there is a variable waiting for userinput of which I cannot find the source)?

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shailaja

Hi,

There are some good videos on workflows, user inputs and variables from Kevin.

https://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-22052

Hope it helps for the first set of queries above.

>>how to get rid of entries in this table (I think there is a variable waiting for userinput of which I cannot find the source)?

We understand this issue. For now, you will have to manually search in the workflow as to where you have used $UserInput. If '$' has been used in the workflow design, then it automatically becomes a user input.

In the upcoming release of WFA (2.1 version), we will be providing a search feature where a user input can be searched inside a workflow and eliminated or modified as required.

Thanks,

Shailaja

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

shailaja

Hi,

There are some good videos on workflows, user inputs and variables from Kevin.

https://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-22052

Hope it helps for the first set of queries above.

>>how to get rid of entries in this table (I think there is a variable waiting for userinput of which I cannot find the source)?

We understand this issue. For now, you will have to manually search in the workflow as to where you have used $UserInput. If '$' has been used in the workflow design, then it automatically becomes a user input.

In the upcoming release of WFA (2.1 version), we will be providing a search feature where a user input can be searched inside a workflow and eliminated or modified as required.

Thanks,

Shailaja

Public