Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Forcing Y-axis to be 100% in Performance Advisor view?

reide

When viewing a Performance Advisor 4.0 chart with a percentage unit of measurement (i.e. CPU utilization), is there a way to force the graph to show the Y-axis with a scale from 0-to100%?  By default, "auto-scale Y-axis" is enabled and the Y-axis only goes as high as the highest counter collected (see attached image).  I want to view the chart with the Y-axis set from 0-to-100%.   I've tried disabling auto-scale, resetting the axis, changing the time range, etc... Nothing seems to work here.

I'm looking for a way to do this without having to export the data to Excel and manipulating it there.

6 REPLIES 6

adaikkap

Hi,

I've tried disabling auto-scale, resetting the axis, changing the time range, etc... Nothing seems to work here.

I am aware of resetting the axis and changing the time range.

Can you let me know how you disabled auto-scale ?

Regards

adai

reide

Right-clicking on the graph itself, the option to "auto-scale Y-Axis" is normally checked (see attached screenshot).  I un-checked this option, but it doesn't appear to have any effect.  The Y-Axis still appears to auto-scale.

adaikkap

Aarg, I have become really dumb at night these days. I check this many times before replying to this post, but missed.

This could be a bug let me check.

Regards

adai

geddam

It seems you misunderstood auto scale y-axis option. If this option is selected y-axis scale dynamically based on data points. if this is un selected y-axis will freeze with current scale.

Y-axis values are defined based on data that chart rendered. So you can't set always 100%.

thanks,

Kishore.

adaikkap

Hi Kishore,

Can you explain it with examples ? I feel it’s a bug.

Say I have ops/sec in Y-Axis. With values varying from 0 to 1000.

By default the auto-scale is enabled which shows the scale of Y from 0 -1000.

What will happen if I uncheck it ?

Regards

adai

geddam

After uncheck no impact on the graph, but if the chart get re-rendered with new data points and suppose if the ops value is gone up to 1300, then y-axis won't get updated. Still it shows the 0 to 1000 (you can't find data points more than 1000 on the chart), if you select an auto scale option then it will shows 0 to 1300.

thanks,

Kishore

Public