Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Getting the following error: java.lang.NullPointerException

jarod

A clean install that was working fine w/ 1 cluster is now throwing the following error when trying to add a new cluster to the mix.  And it has made the original cluster disappear eventhough it is still showing data on the dashboard.

We have rebooted the appliance and changed browsers.  Nothing resolves the issue.  Thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you,

Jarod

10 REPLIES 10

kryan

Greetings Jarod,

This is a known bug in version 6.0 that is fixed in 6.1. 

UM 6.1RC1 us available for download.

Thanks,

Kevin

jarod

I thought UCPM 1.0 would work with OCUM 5.2.  Is this not true?

kryan

If you are referring to OnCommand Performance Manager as "UCPM" then the answer is that it only works with UM 6.1 (and higher).

UM 5.2 still has Performance Advisor embedded within it for performance data collection.

Thanks,

Kevin

jarod

Will OCPM not work with straight clusters without OCUM?  I read through the requirements and if I want to drive integration I see that we need the later version, but I thought it would talk straight to the clusters without any OCUM. 

Thanks,

Jarod

kryan

OPM 1.0 will work as a standalone package. 

The abbreviation OCPM actually refers to the the NetApp plugin for MS SCOM.

I am confused as to where you observed the error shown in the initial post.  Did you observe it in UM 6.0?

Thanks,

Kevin

jarod

Kevin, sorry for the confusion.  I am trying to run the OPM 1.0 as a standalone package for now.  Reposting the error so you can see.  I observed the error inside of OPM.

kryan

Jarod,

No bug exists for this behavior in OPM yet, so please open a support case for this issue. 

Generate a Support Bundle via the Maintenance Console and an ASUP from the web interface and attach both of them to the case, or alternatively upload them to the case using this KB:

https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=1010090

To retrieve the Support Bundle after generating it,  SFTP or SCP it from the system as the maintenance user.

Please post the case # once you have created it.

Thanks,

Kevin

jarod

Case # 2004884054 has been generated.

kryan

Jarod,

I have extracted your data and filed bug 806576.

I have also been in contact with your case owner.

Thanks,

Kevin

jarod

Thank you.  I will followup with customer again.

Public