Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

HELP - preservation of DFM data during host name, hardware, and ip changes

emanuel

Hello everyone.

I will need to write a procedure to to help mitigate changes to controllers being managed by DFM; paticularly under the usage of snapvault.

My customer(s) will be performing the following tasks:

1.     They will need to "re-ip" a storage controller; ( this could be both management and data networks )

2.     They will be performing a hardware refresh which has DFM, snapvault, and some of the SV under Protection Manager; the refresh will be new hardware where production volumes will be migrated to a new controller and the new controller will assume the old host name but not the same IP

I know DFM tracks a host in a few ways but with the possiblity that more than one element can and will change; i will be busy to grasp each concept and plan to preserve as much headache from the customer.

I know some of this is vauge and i apologize; i will follow up over the next several days with more detail but any and all comments are most welcome.

emanuel

1 REPLY 1

adaikkap

Hi Emmanuel,

Pls follow the below FAQ, only if more than 2 things change at a time DFM loses its history of a controller else it won’t.

https://now.netapp.com/NOW/knowledge/docs/DFM_win/rel40/html/faq/index.shtml#_9.10

Regards

adai

Public