Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Help With Direct Data Sources

mdotten

Hi guys,

I'm having a weird issue with direct data sources in WFA 2.2

I can add them and they seem to connect and acquire without error, but when I goto the run a workflow, it doesn't actually populate any info from the data source, the logs aren't showing me much... any hint as to where to look?

What is the process that's happening here, so I can narrow down on where the communication halts.

Thanks guys!

Matt

2 REPLIES 2

sinhaa

Matt,

Can you provide some more details as :

1. What are you trying to acquire? How did you acquire it?
  2. For getting the acquired data in workflows, you would need filters/finders or User-Input Queries. Can you tell what error are you getting? Post a screen-cap if possible. Or you just can't see the data is the filter query result.

We need more info to debug it.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

mdotten

So I found out the issue with this, thanks very much for responding!!

So this is how it went:

• Installed WFA, client requested for it to go on a different drive then the default (default: C:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\ ..... what the client wanted D:\NetApp\WFA)
  • Everything worked fine, connection to the data sources came back green, as well as conectivity directly to the NetApps
  • Open up a workflow to test, and I saw that even though the Acqusition was successful in the data source page, the inputs were not populating with data from the data source
  • I check the logs, and it says it connects to the data source, and tries to write the data to the database, but can't find it... it's trying to save to C:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\mysql
  • I go in and create a symbolic link from C:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\mysql to D:\NetApp\WFA\mysql , and boom! success! I see everything in the workflow

So is the default install path hard coded anywhere? Everything else seemed to work a-ok, it was just that mysql bit.... Also to know this is using the 7toC Lun Migration workflows... not sure if that changes anything.

Thanks! 

Matt

Public