Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Help interpreting graph in OnCommand report

madden

If I view the OnCommand 5.0 report at:

detailed reports->storage capacity->space efficiency-> aggregates space savings

It shows a chart titled "Space Break Up".  Mine (from a freshly built VDI environment) looks like this:

What is the "Total Deduped Space" showing? I think it might be the total capacity of all aggregates, but if this is the case, then why is it called "Total Deduped space"?

3 REPLIES 3

adaikkap

Hi Chris,

Following are the details on each field.

Space Saving:Actual space saved due to dedupe. Displays the savings achieved through deduplication.

Physical Used:Displays the active file system data of all the deduplication-enabled volumes in the aggregate.

Effective Used:Displays the active file system data of all the deduplicated volumes in the aggregate without deduplication space savings.

Total Deduped Space: Is not documented at all.

looking at the example this is what I assume.

Total Deduped Space:Sum of the total capacity of all aggr where there is atlest one volume with dedupe enabled.

Regards

adai

madden

The description of "Total Deduped Space" is misleading, and I'm not sure very useful info to display.  If I have a 100t aggr, and one 5g vol with dedupe enabled, it will show as 100t "Total Deduped Space" in this report.  Maybe it would make more sense to have this as the sum of all vol capacity that have dedupe enabled?

adaikkap

Hi Chris,

I have filed a bug for the same, can you add your customer case to this, so that it gets prioritized.?

Regards

adai

Public