Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

How To Enable smb on a share using OnCommand System Manager 3.1

Kevon

Basically I need to have smb as well as nfs protocols enabled on a share on the FAS2240-2 filer. I don't see a way to do this using OnCommand System tool. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

2 REPLIES 2

hariprak

Hi,

You can use System Manager to set up CIFS.

Before you begin
1. The CIFS license must be installed on your storage system.
2. While configuring CIFS in the Active Directory domain, you must ensure the following
    requirements are met:
a) DNS must be enabled and configured correctly.
b) The storage system must be able to communicate with the domain controller using the fully
    qualified domain name (FQDN).
c)  The time differences (clock skew) between the storage system time and the domain time must
    not be more than the skew time that is configured in Data ONTAP.

3. If CIFS is the only protocol configured on the Storage Virtual Machine (SVM), you must ensure
the following requirements are met:

a) The root volume security style must be NTFS.
b) By default, System Manager sets the security style as UNIX.
c) Superuser access must be set to Any for CIFS protocol.

Steps
1. From the home page, double-click the appropriate storage system.
2. Expand the Storage Virtual Machines hierarchy in the left navigation pane
3. In the navigation pane, select the SVM and click
Configuration > Protocols > CIFS

4. In the Configuration tab, click Setup .
5. Specify the NetBIOS name and the Active Directory domain details in the CIFS Server Setup dialog box.
6. Click Setup

For Creating a CIFS share refer https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMP1354558   page -186

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Kevon

Thanks so much for your assistance. I have one other question. Essentially, what I am trying to do is migrate two rather large volumes on a serverA (var/Common, var/Builds) over to our NetApp filer via CIFS. I have been tasked by our remote Linux support agent to allow host based permission for two Client IP's read/write access as we are going to mount the shares using NFS. Is this done using the NFS exports? If so, would my entry be for example?:

Share-1

/vol/cifs/var/Builds

Client IP-1

Client IP-2

Permissions = read/write

Kind regards,

Public