Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

How do you demo Operations Manager and Performance Advisor Capabilities to your customers?

paragj

1. Do you use demos from SalesEdge to show Operations Manager or Performance Advisor capabilities?

2. If answer to Q1 is yes, Are those demos good enough for your customers? Any suggestions for us?

3. Would you be interested in having a Demo CD (with Demo Database for 50 NetApp Systems) for your customers and can show "Live" demo to your customers?

3 REPLIES 3

reinoud7

I'm sitting of course on the other site of the table, but I can give you what I want to see:

I definitely want a demo as live as possible. It's for me less important that there are only 2 systems monitored, but than I can see what the possibilities are and we can have an interactive demo (can you this? And what if?).

Recorded type of demo's are good for on a website and for first impressions, but when I want to purchase a software like OM, I need to see it "live".

fenton

Thanks for the feedback!

I completely agree with this comment - many times I have been with a customer and they've asked "Can you report on X ?" - it's much nicer to be able to use a live system to show the platforms capabilities; So with that said my order of preference is:

1, Live (either a customer install or back on a demo system)

2, WebEx (still very useful mechanism)

3, Canned Demo

4, Screenshots on slides - yuk yuk yuk

Incidentally I really nice feature in 3.6R1 is the ability to display all the reports for specific objects in Operations Manager rather than hunt around the Hierarchical tree on the left to realize the report you wanted isn't there (after 20 clicks of the mouse)

evanbatt603

I think the "live" demo would be fantastic!

Public