Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

How to migrate OnCommand Core Package (DFM) servers?

MARIKOTAGAWA

Hi,

I'm in the process of migrating OnCommand Core (DFM) from a VM server (Server_A) to another VM server (Server_B) since Server_A is used for other monitoring service from other team.

I've just installed OnComand Core package 5.1 on Server_B and setup administrators login. The OnCommand version on Server_A is 5.02. I can downgrade to 5.02 on Server_B, if necessary.

My goal is to transfer all performance historical data on Server_A to Server_B. And if possible I want to migrate all filers' info (IP address, hostname etc) from Server_A to Server_B.

Is it possible? I looked at dfm commands. If I run "dfm backup create server_A_backup" on Server_A then copy the file to Server_B. And then run "

dfm backup restore server_A_backup" on the Server_B, the original DB is migrated to Server_B?

If you have any comments or suggestion, I appreciate.

Thank you in advance.

Mariko

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NAME

backup -- manage backup copies of the database

SYNOPSIS

dfm backup create [ -t <backup-type> ] [ -e ] [ -p passphrase-file ] [ -n ] [ [ -f ] backup-name | backup-path ]

dfm backup restore [ -k ]  [ -p passphrase-file ] [ -n ] [-T restart-timeout] { backup-filepath | backup-name }

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ppavagad

Hi Mariko,

You are right. Here is the procedure:

• Run the command: dfm backup create
  • This creates a backup file (.ndb format) which is stored in the <install_dir>\Netapp\DataFabric Manager\DFM\data folder.
  • Copy the .ndb file to the new server.
  • Run the command: dfm backup restore <backup file-name with location>

Please revert back if you have further queries.

Thanks & Regards,

Pavan

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Public