Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

How to recreate a DATASET without re-baseline

lourenco_dany

Hi,

My customer has mistakenly deleted the primary DATASET (the destination  is still here with all the snapshots).

How can i recreate the primary DATASET without performing a new baseline and lose all the snaphots at the destination?

thanks in advance

Regards.

2 REPLIES 2

olson

Greetings Danny,

I assume you are talking about protection manager here. To correct this issue recreate the dataset as a new one with no members. Once the settings have been restored you can simply import the relationships into the dataset.

Hope this helps,

John

kryan

If the relationships were reaped (or deleted) as would be expected after a dataset destroy operation then they must be rebaselined.  Importing them into a new dataset only will work if the relationships were not reaped, and even then the ability for UM to grow the secondary location would be lost.

Assuming that the dataset was restored using the database backup (all or nothing restore - all data collected or generated after the backup creation would be lost in the restore), the relationships would still need to be recreated on the controller side. 

Thanks,

Kevin

Public