Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

How to retrieve ◦ Add-WfaWorkflowParameter in certified commands

francoisbnc

Hello,

I would like retrieve ◦ Get-WfaWorkflowParameter in certified commands. As certified commands are read only, I don' found a solution to inject as an input value.

Any suggetion appreciated.

François

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sinhaa

Use the same Invoke-NaSsh to restrieve the eight WWNs of your server in the posh script code of WFA DataSource type and cahche them in DB. You'll of course need to make a dictionary in playground DB and a Data Source type (DST). So instaed of getting them in a new command, you are getting them in DST script and putting in WFA DB.

Once you have them in DB, you can get those into the Cretified Command using User-Input queries.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

paragp

Francois, like you said, since this is a certified command you cannot change its behavior. The shortly upcoming release of WFA is going to have support for cloning certified commands while retaining the reservation and the verification (a.k.a congruence) scripts. If you could describe what you are trying to achieve maybe we could think of alternate ways to do it.

thanks,

Parag

francoisbnc

The idea is to catch some WWN from mgmt AIX system using SSH command and add these multiple WWN to a variable with Add-WfaWorkflowParameter.

Later the workflow step is to create igroup and add these WWN to it. Problem is if a would like use certified command "create iGroup" to do the job I cannot retrieve var via Get-WfaWorkflowParameter, command cannot be modified.

Of course I can clone "create igroup" and modify the code to retrieve variable, but my custom command doesn't have reservation any more.

So how retrieve var WfaWorkflowParameter and use it as an input parameter of certified "create igroup"

François

sinhaa

I see that you don't need to use Add-WfaWorkflow and Get-Wfaworkflow parameter for this task. WWPNs of the AIX are definitely going to be constants. So Why don't you cache them in WFA DB using a Posh Data source type.

Now you can use the Certified command Create Igroup with input parameters taken from query execution.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

francoisbnc

WNN are not constant

I ask HMC AIX Server (kind of vmware vcenter in IBM World) to give me back the WWNs for the specified server.

So I create custom command, Invoke-NaSsh,  that restrieve my eight WWNs and I would like use these WWN as input on the next certified command create iGroup.

François

sinhaa

Use the same Invoke-NaSsh to restrieve the eight WWNs of your server in the posh script code of WFA DataSource type and cahche them in DB. You'll of course need to make a dictionary in playground DB and a Data Source type (DST). So instaed of getting them in a new command, you are getting them in DST script and putting in WFA DB.

Once you have them in DB, you can get those into the Cretified Command using User-Input queries.

Public