Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

How to split a PM instance

christig

Hello,

I have a big PM instance managing many relationship which will be out of best practice limit soon.

I would like to split this instance in two smaller instances. Of course I would like to preseve relationship, backup, retention ... (as possible)

Secondary volumes use DSS (secodary dynamic sizing) and I want to preserve it too

What are possible methods to reach this goal (clone dfm db + purge, export/import relationship, ...)

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Christian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adaikkap

Hi Christian,

Did you go over the procedure that I sent you over email ? Do you have any further questions on the same ?

Regards

adai

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

adaikkap

Hi Christian,

Pls wait for a day, I am already working on this and would update the same soon. BTW what version and OS in which your customer is running OCUM ?

Regards

adai

christig

Hello Adai,

Happy to know that your a working on this

Hope that result will come soon

Today my customer work with OCUM 5.0.2 on Windows 2003 server (3 instances)

Best Regards

Christian

christig

Hello Adai,

Do you finish your work on this topic ?

Have you some outcomes ?

It will become urgent for me to get this procedure ...

Best Regards

Christian

adaikkap

Yes. So if I understand your scenario, you need to split the single server managing say 500 dataset into 250 each ? Is that right ? If your  answer is yes

I will then send/upload you the procedure.

Regards

adai

christig

Right ! This is my scenario

Waiting your procedure

Regards

Christian

adaikkap

Hi Christian,

Did you go over the procedure that I sent you over email ? Do you have any further questions on the same ?

Regards

adai

christig

Hello Adai,

I currently provionning a VM to test your procedure with our PM database (practice the procedure, evaluate time needed for the operation, ...)

Otherwise, your procedure seems very clear (thanks) any question at now.

I will give you some feedback

Regards

Christian

adaikkap

Hi Christian,

I suggest you run this on a Linux rather than windows. Based on my experience with split at other customer places we found linux to be faster than windows.

Regards

adai

Public