Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

How to supress backend details to show only summary of each group in the report.

manish_1609

I am looking to customise the below report so as to hide all volume details and show only final details per filer wise. Is it possible to do this in OCIR?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vmaddi

Manish,

You can still have the filter without the column in the report.  There are two ways to do it. Will explain both.

First example :

1. Once you delete the column having filter, you will be prompted with a window like the one below.

2. It says report has a filter on the column. If you un-check the checkbox under the 'Delete the following' section your filter will be preserved.

Second example :

1.  Before you drag the column to the report, do a right on the column. In that list of options, select 'Filter for the report'.

2.  This will take you the filter window asking user to pick the values.

3.  Please check the below image for more details.

Let me know if you have any issues in doing this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

vmaddi

Hi Manish,

Yes, It is possible in OCIR. If you want to see only final details at the storage system level, please remove the detail columns like Volume name and Dedupe State from the Report.

Once you remove those columns report automatically aggregates(sum up) to the storage system level.

Report will look like the below one.

manish_1609

Thanks again for your response.

Your suggestion is definitely helpful, however, in my situtation i cannot remove the column of "Dedupe State" as i have a filter on that to show me only the volumes in "enabled" state. The reason for this filter is because i want to show the "% Dedup Savings" by only calculating the total space of volumes on which Dedup is enabled and leave out rest of the volumes. The moment i remove "Dedupe State" column, my filer also gets removed and % caclulation doesn't show up as i want it to. Anything that can help me achieving this.

Please let me know if do not make myself clear here.

vmaddi

Manish,

You can still have the filter without the column in the report.  There are two ways to do it. Will explain both.

First example :

1. Once you delete the column having filter, you will be prompted with a window like the one below.

2. It says report has a filter on the column. If you un-check the checkbox under the 'Delete the following' section your filter will be preserved.

Second example :

1.  Before you drag the column to the report, do a right on the column. In that list of options, select 'Filter for the report'.

2.  This will take you the filter window asking user to pick the values.

3.  Please check the below image for more details.

Let me know if you have any issues in doing this.

manish_1609

You are a star. Thanks a lot for your help. Its working exactly i was looking for. Awesome tool !!

Public